Microsoft Word 1
In this hands-on course students will use word processing software to create, edit, format, print and save documents. This class will cover line spacing, changing margins and tab settings, text justification, indenting and editing documents, and how to effectively use the keyboard. Formatting using various features, font types, styles and sizes will be discussed in detail along with how to use the thesaurus and spell check, format envelopes, and print preview. By the end of the class, students will be able to use Microsoft Word confidently within their home or organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Use the Word 2016 Ribbon
• Customize the quick access toolbar
• Create, edit and save documents
• Open and print documents
• Format documents using many of the formatting tools
• Use the cut, copy and paste features
• Insert and delete text and images
• Use the spell and grammar checker
• Use the page layout features to adjust how your document looks and prints
While previous experience is not necessary to take this class, basic PC skills are required. MS Word 2016 will be used.
This course counts as a credit toward the Microsoft Office Certificate.